Montane's Gangstang Insulated Jacket is a winter heavyweight, designed to be warm even when you are static, it would make a superb campsite jacket in the colder months, a real comfort garment but with technical features so you can tune the fit.
Uncompromising deep winter Insulation Type using highly weather resistant PERTEX® QUANTUM PRO in key areas to encase high performance PrimaLoft Gold, the Gangstang Jacket is equipped with all the features to keep you warm and dry on deep winter belays and mountaineering missions.
Montane's Gangstang Insulated Jacket is a winter heavyweight, designed to be warm even when you are static it has zoned insulation, 130g per square metre in the body and 100g per square metre in the arms. The pockets are insulated too, with warm fleece linings which work really well when your hands are very cold.
Inside the insulation is sewn into place but the outer shell has minimal seams thus providing excellent weather and wind resistance. The hood is a full technical hood with volume adjustment and a wired peak. The neck closure extends up about the chin.
The cuffs are finished in a light elastication for simplicity and the front zip is two way meaning you can vent the jacket from the bottom if need be.
This is a great jacket for wearing around camp, a real comfort garment with technical features so you can tune the fit.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Body mapped insulation design
- Fully adjustable roll-away insulated climbing helmet compatible hood with stiffened peak
- Full-length two-way YKK VISLON® front zip with internal storm flap
- Two micro-fleece lined insulated hand pockets with YKK zips
- Zipped chest pocket
- Two large internal mesh drop pocket
- Low profile cuffs
- Adjustable hem with cinchable drawcord
- Activities: Climbing/Mountaineering/Expedition
- Small weighs: 672g
- Medium weighs: 702g
- Large weighs: 738g
- XLarge weighs: 758g
Material & Construction
- PERTEX® QUANTUM PRO with a highly water-resistant coating in high wear areas
- PERTEX® QUANTUM ECO 100% recycled nylon in the core body panels
- 133g/m2 PrimaLoft® Gold 55% recycled insulation in the core body
- 100g/m2 PrimaLoft® Gold 55% recycled insulation in the hood, sleeves and side panels
- 100% recycled PEAQ Synthetic ECO lining
- Back length: 77.5cm (size M)