A handy toptube pack that allows you to store kit close at hand for easy access. Whether you go for food/snacks or tools and spare inner tubes, this pack is a great addition to the bikepacker set up. As with the rest of the Ortlieb bikepacking range this is a high quality product that is well designed, with a strong durable construction.
The ORTLIEB Toptube Frame-Pack is the smart solution for all who want to use their frame’s main triangle for storage space without having to do without their water bottle. The solution also works for those who have full-suspension mountain bikes with limited triangle space. With its 4-liter payload, the Toptube Frame-Pack provides plenty of space for heavy equipment such as tent poles, tools and food supplies, while also helping to secure a low center for improved rising performance. And given that the bag and its zipper are waterproof, you can even cross rivers on your bikepacking tour without worrying about your stuff getting wet.
The Frame-Pack attaches easily to your top tube and seat tube with the help of sturdy and highly adhesive Velcro straps.
Ortlieb's Frame-Pack Toptube gives you options. With a 4 litre capacity you get a good amount of extra storage while the shape of it allows you to keep your drinks bottle in place. The shape of it is also very versatile and allows it to be used with most bike designs including a majority of full suspension bikes too. The strong materials used to provide the waterproofing and solid straps illustrate the durability of this pack and the thoughtful design make it really easy to mount onto the frame.
The Toptube pack is just 6cm deep which means there is no interference when riding with your knees catching on it. It was barely noticeable while out riding even on hard uphill slogs. The zip on it is heavy duty so there are no questions over durability but it does stop you trying to grab something out without stopping. Due to the placement of the pack it does not affect the general feel and balance of the bike when riding so it is ideal for heavier items like tools, foods or any other bits that fit. The pack is solid so won't bend or squeeze into all frame shapes so measure up first.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Waterproof toptube framepack with zipper
- Ideal pack for bikepacking, alp crossing and trekking tours
- Light weight, sturdy PU laminated rip stop nylon fabric
- Suitable for heavy gear such as tools, tent poles, food etc.
- Allows fixing of drinking bottle and transport of gear on frame
- Ideal for full suspension bikes with limited space due to the vertical absorber
- Central positioning with low center of gravity for ideal weight distribution
- The bag mounts to the toptube or seatpost of the frame using heavy duty hook and loop straps
- 3 strong Velcros for mounting to top frame tube
- 2 Velcros, individually adjustable
- Even weight distribution on bicycle
- Can be mounted to carbon frames
- Maximum load 3 kg/6.6 lbs.
- Weight: 140g
- Volume: 4 Litres
- Height: 13 cm
- Width: 50 cm
- Depth: 6 cm
- Fabric: PS21R