(Unfortunately, we are unable to ship MontBell products outside of the UK)
MontBell's Flatiron jacket uses heavier and therefore warmer insulation than comparable jackets yet weighs less overall. It achieves this by using super lightweight outer fabrics. It's a great choice as winter insulation when you're static around camp or stopped for lunch.
Warm belay parka ideal for climbing in cold weather. Featuring waterproof DRYTEC and synthetic Exceloft insulation, Flat Iron Parka provides reliable coverage in cold, windy, and wet conditions. A two-way zipper allows access to your belay device. Climbing helmet-compatible.
Montbell's Flatiron Insulated Parka is a synthetic jacket with burly 120g/m2 insulation in the body and 80g/m2 insulation in the arms. Compare this with other synthetic jackets in this category and you'll probably find they use a mix of 100/m2 and 60g/m2 and weigh a bit more. So, with the Flatiron jacket you get more insulation value with a lighter jacket. Mont-Bell achieve this by using lighter fabrics elsewhere.
Feature-wise it has an adjustable hood, two handwarmer pockets and a single small-ish chest pocket.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Sewn through with outer shell
- 2-way adjustable hood
- Weather resistant Aqua-Tect zipper
- Face guard zip
- 2-way front zipper
- Draw cords for hem adjustment hidden in pockets
- 6 pockets (2 zippered hand pockets, 1 zippered chest pocket, 2 internal drop-in pockets, 1 internal zip pocket)
- Stuff sack included
- Small weighs: 549g
- Medium weighs: 584g
- Large weighs: 619g
- XLarge weighs: 643g
- Outer: DRY-TEC 12-deiner Ballistic Airlight nylon ripstop (100% Nylon)
- Lining: 20-denier Ballistic nylon taffeta (100% Nylon)
- Insulation: EXCELOFT Insulation Type, 120 g/m² (Body), 80 g/m² (Sleeves)