The Fitz Roy Down Hoody is Patagonia’s all-rounder – a durable, versatile down jacket that will keep you warm on hanging belays on autumn projects, and also crisp, cold winter walks. This isn’t the lightest nor the most durable, but balances both characteristics, resulting in a well-rounded winter essential.
Designed for done-in-a-day, cold-weather alpine missions where moving fast and taking less is essential, the Fitz Roy is a packable, midweight belay hoody with 800-fill-power Advanced Global Traceable Down (goose down certified by NSF International from parent farm to apparel factory to help ensure the birds that supply it are not force-fed or live-plucked). Fair Trade Certified™ sewn.
Patagonia's Fitz Roy Down Hoody is the latest and greatest down jacket form the Californian alpine brand. As an all-round down jacket for versatile use throughout the winter, it’s hard to best the Fitz Roy. With a lightweight yet durable Pertex Quantum, DWR-treated face fabric, this a jacket that is first and foremost a multi-purpose jacket for a wide variety of use cases. There are lighter jackets, and there are more durable jackets, but few walk the line between the two as well as the Fitz Roy does.
The Fitz Roy has all the features you would expect of a jacket in this bracket – internal drop pockets ideal for gloves and hats, two large chest pockets for maps and your phone, and two handwarmer pockets for comfort around the campfire. The draft collar and the stormflaps seal in heat, and the 800 fill power down keeps the Fitz Roy packable despite its luxurious loft. The Fitz quickly proved itself on cold pitches and chilly mornings, and the warmth it provided made the wait for morning coffee far more bearable! All-in-all this is the ideal piece for guaranteed, instant warmth for any activity in the colder months.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
(Unfortunately, we are unable to ship Patagonia products outside of the European Area (defined as the European Economic Area plus Switzerland and the UK))
- A light and durable recycled nylon shell with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish provides weather protection and is soft to the touch
- 800-fill-power Advanced Global Traceable Down (goose down certified by NSF International from parent farm to apparel factory to help ensure the birds that supply it are not force-fed or live-plucked) provides high-loft warmth in an ultrapackable midweight layer
- Alpine-helmet-compatible hood has a single-pull drawcord and high-loft draft collar
- Center-front Vislon® zipper is backed with an internal storm flap
- Two handwarmer and two external, zippered chest pockets allow for easy access while belaying; self-stuffs into left-front pocket
- Large internal catch-all pocket with elasticized opening allows for easy storage
- Soft, elasticized stitching at cuffs and dual-adjust cord-lock system at hem seal out the elements; Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
- Small weighs: 470g
- Medium weighs: 498g
- Large weighs: 532g
- XLarge weighs: 564g
- Fit: Regular
- Shell: 1.1-oz 20-denier 100% recycled nylon ripstop Pertex® Quantum with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
- Lining: 0.7-oz 10-denier nylon ripstop Pertex Quantum with a DWR finish.
- Insulation: 800 fill-power Advanced Global Traceable Down (goose down certified by NSF International from parent farm to apparel factory to help ensure the birds that supply it are not force-fed or live-plucked).
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
Help and advice: