Outdoor Research's trusted Ferrosi fabric redesigned into a gaiter to keep debris out of shoes for durable, stretchy, weather resistant footwear protection.
Outdoor Research says
Our best-selling Ferrosi fabric is so strong, stretchy, breathable, and comfortable, it made perfect sense to apply its renowned superpowers to our legacy of protective gaiters. The Ferrosi Thru Gaiters earned its name for its incredibly light weight that's perfect for ounce-counting backpackers, and fits trail runners and low profile hiking boots in keeping with the ultralight ethos of thru-hikers. A shoelace hook and drawcord cinch at its top hem ensures a snug fit that keeps debris out of your footwear, and a replaceable instep strap makes gear fixes on the go a breeze.
Outdoor Research's Ferrosi Thru Gaiters are a stretchy debris gaiter that are lightweight, breathable and durable. Ideally suited to drier conditions they still have a DWR treatment for damp outings and they work well keeping debris out regardless. The 90D fabric is hard wearing and yet surprisingly stretchy so they can fit mid sized boots down to trail shoes.
The durable strap that runs under the gaiter to keep them in place does a good job and fits between the treads of most shoes easily enough. They are perfect for fast and light trekking as they provide a bit more height and space than the usual trail running cross over gaiters.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Fabric Performance: Water Resistant, Wind Resistant, Movement-Mirroring Stretch, Breathable, Lightweight, Abrasion Resistant, Quick Drying, UPF 50+
- Design Features: Shoelace Hook, Drawcord Cinch at Top Hem, Replaceable Hypalon Instep Strap
- Small pair weighs: 56g
- Medium pair weighs: 58g
- Large pair weighs: 60g
- XLarge pair weighs: 62g
- Fits: Low Profile Hiking Boots & Trail Shoes
- bluesign® approved 86% Nylon, 14% Spandex, 90D Stretch Woven Ripstop
Help and advice: