The Montane Featherlight Cap is a superb piece of insulating headwear, it has a great packsize and can be stuffed away easily when you don't need it. It uses PrimaLoft which is an effective, lightweight insulation and it's insulating value is not affected when it gets wet.
Montane says:The Featherlite™ Mountain Cap is windproof, warm and exceptionally lightweight. Constructed with windproof and fast drying PERTEX® QUANTUM and filled with 40g PrimaLoft® SILVER ECO, it provides the perfect balance of warmth and breathability. The new design incorporates a raised peak for better visibility, an improved fit (now available in a wider size range) and adjustability.
Montane's Featherlight Mountain cap is tough, insulating and is close fitting with good ear coverage. We liked the new raised peak and the little stuff sack but we would personally remove the chin cord as it seems superfluous given the close fit. Its not waterproof so its designed to be worn under a hood in wet weather its the kind of item that`s always in your pack between September and April.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Synthetic insulation provides warmth even when wet
- Exceptionally lightweight
- Fast drying
- Quilted baffle construction
- Pre-curved peak
- Drawcord volume adjuster
- Adjustable chin strap
- Small weighs: 40g
- Medium weighs: 42g
- Large weighs: 44g
- XLarge weighs: 46g
- PERTEX® QUANTUM Rip-stop outer that is windproof, fast drying and features a remarkable durable water repellent finish 40g
- PrimaLoft® SILVER ECO insulation that is warm, packable and exceptionally fast drying
- Quilted mini baffles to prevent insulation migration