As far as comfortable, versatile down jackets go, the Featherlite Micro is a great option. Whether used as a layering piece in winter conditions or simply used as a great looking everyday jacket it does a great job.
Highly versatile lightweight down jacket with just the right balance of warmth, weight and durability, the Featherlite Down Jacket now uses 100% recycled PERTEX QUANTUM® nylon outer fabric and is ideal for a range of winter activities, from climbing to mountain walking.
Montane's 2020 Featherlite Down Micro Jacket is lightweight, warm and good looking. The updated fabric and micro baffle design are improvements on a good all round jacket. A 125g filling of 750+ Fill Power Down with HyperDry water resistant treatment and the smooth Pertex Quantum Eco outer fabric make this jacket warm, comfortable and eco friendly.
Some of the practical feature of the jacket include the elasticated cuffs which (may not be to everyone's taste) work well by rounding off the cuffs, making them more comfortable and helping prevent them getting wet quickly. The lack of a hood makes this a great jacket for layering under a shell while the neck is enough to keep out the cold. Two good sized hand warmer pockets and an internal chest pocket give you plenty of storage options.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- UPDATED Micro baffle construction
- Insulated close fitting collar
- Full-length YKK front zip with internal storm flap
- Two zipped hand pockets
- Zipped internal chest pocket
- Pre-elasticated cuffs
- Adjustable hem with cinchable drawcord
- Montane stuff sac
- Small weighs: 318g
- Medium weighs: 334g
- Large weighs: 356g
- XLarge weighs: 366g
- Back length: 72cm (M)
- UPDATED PERTEX® QUANTUM ECO 100% recycled nylon outer with DWR
- 125g (M) of 90/10 water resistant fluorocarbon-free HyperDRY™ duck down at 750+ fill
- PEAQ Down lining
- Responsible Down Standard (RDS) and Track my Down™