This Vango F10 Krypton is a very spacious, versatile 2 person tent for 3 season use and at just over 2kg it is light enough to split between 2 people for backpacking.
New for 2021, the Vango F10 Krypton UL 2 is a 2-man tent and is an exciting addition to our Force Ten Expedition range, made for extreme adventures and expeditions and suitable for the harshest conditions. The Krypton sits alongside our XPD and MTN tents and is the pinnacle of our range. The Krypton is pitched inner first and is made of a Geodesic construction, reinforcing its strength and allowing for a free-standing structure. Made with a lighter Protex 15.SRN flysheet and high quality, light Yunan Eco Alloy Poles, providing excellent strength in high winds and benefitting from taped seams for a watertight seal. There is plenty of room to sit up inside and the peak of the tent is offset to one side for easier movement and to give a streamlined, wind shielding shape. The Krypton has all you need for those planned wild adventures for wherever you go.
This Vango F10 Krypton is a very spacious, versatile 2 person tent for 3 season use and at just over 2kg it is light enough to split between 2 people for backpacking. I have used it for solo bike-packing and it proved a very efficient tool in spring conditions.
It blends nicely into the natural environment with its earthy green outer Protex Flysheet fabric. The inner tent has a tough 70D Ripstop groundsheet with an impressive 6000mm HH, coupled with a part-mesh inner providing good ventilation where it is needed.
The tent has good internal space for 2 people with ample head height to sit comfortably. There are lots of storage pockets to keep the tent organised and good-sized vestibules on both sides to maximise storage and allow ease of access. The tent is easy to pitch with coloured end tabs to assist pole location – the cross-pole attachment to the main pole uses a plastic securing block that can be a bit fiddly to get the right way round.
All in all, this is a well thought out functional tent, as you’d expect from a tent company with Vango’s pedigree.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Offset Inner Height - The inner tent height, offers you plenty of room to sit up. The peak of the tent is offset to one side for easier movement and to give a streamlined, wind-shedding, shape
- Fully Taped Seams - All flysheet and groundsheet seams are factory taped for a watertight seal
- O-shaped Inner Doors - Easy to open with one hand
- Part Mesh Inner Door - Allows ventilation, while keeping bugs out
- Twin Flysheet Doors - Allows easier access for two or more occupants, and/or additional storage
- Internal Storage Pockets - Provides convenient storage within the inner tent, keeping essentials close to hand
- High Level Pockets - Ideal for storage or to position a torch for light
- Fast Pack Tent Bag - Oversized opening for easy packing and compression straps to control pack size
- Dyneema Core Guylines - Excellent strength to weight ratio
- Mini Line-Lok Guyline Runners - Lock securely, simple to release and high performance in all conditions
- Dyneema Pegging Points - Can be modified for use with skis or snow anchors
- Geodesic Construction - Geodesic tents provide an extremely strong, free-standing structure with 5 crossover points, providing all season stability
- Inner First Pitch - Simple and quick to pitch. Allows the tent to be used without the flysheet in warm climates
- Flysheet weighs: 551g
- Inner weighs: 899g
- Poles weigh: 557g
- Total weight: 2007g (excludes pegs & bags)
- Pegs x10 weigh: 99g
- Pack size: 45 x 14cm
- Capacity: 2 Person Tent
- Protex 15.SRN Flysheet - 3000mm HH
- Yunan Eco Alloy Poles - Extremely high quality poles made with acid free processing by Yunan. These poles provide excellent strength in high winds as well as being very light
- 70D Ripstop Nylon 6 Groundsheet - 70 Denier Nylon Fabric is a great balance between low weight and high durability, waterproof to 6,000mm HH
- 15D Nylon Inner Tent Fabric - 15D 28gsm breathable nylon inner tent