The Seeker Down Hoody is a great option as both a Mid and outer layer for a range of winter activities, providing a high level of warmth and a great range of movement for climbing, winter walking and scrambling.
For the best of the mountain.
Staying warm in the mountains is crucial to comfort, and safety, and therefore having fun! The MTN Seeker MW Down Hoody is a must have piece in your layering armoury. Versatile enough to be used as a warm outer layer, or as part of a cold day layering system.
Part of Berghaus' move back to their high end Extrem the Mountain Seeker Down Hoody offers a top quality mid layer down jacket that focuses on the basics in keeping you very warm and also offering good freedom of movement for more active adventures.
The Seeker Down Hoody follows Berghaus' trend with the new Etrem range which is to offer high levels of performance by focusing on the basic needs of the user which in this case is warmth and practicality of movement. To do this they have used a 800 fill Hydro down to create a very warm mid layer jacket that works both as an mid layer in combination with a shell for winter climbing and walks, or as an outer shell in dryer cool conditions or when doing a high level of activity in winter.
One of the most interesting features of the jacket is the use of the stretch fabric under the arms and on the back panels, is allows a greater range of movement and prevents that tight feel you can sometimes get with mid layers when they are under a shell. Although a simple concept it does make a big difference and something that I found useful when having to reach up when climbing or scrambling. It features some good-sized pockets on the front and one internal pocket for the smaller essentials. The hood is fairly adjustable via a draw cord on the back but did feel a little uncomfortable without a hat or helmet on.
In terms of fit it is true to size as there is room for a liner fleece underneath without restricting movement, but not to baggy that it can't be worn just with a base layer.
I found that the warmth of the Seeker was excellent and that the freedom of movement did set it apart from other mid layer down jackets so it is a good addition to anyone's winter arsenal.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- 100% Recycled Pertex Quantum with DWR and woven baffle construction
- Freedom of movement with maximum stretch both inside and underarm
- RDS 800 fill-power hydrophobic goose down
- Body-mapped insulation optimizing warmth and movement
- Guide approved pocket design
- 2 high hand pockets and 1 internal chest pocket are pack & harness compatible
- Small weighs: 512g
- Medium weighs: 522g
- Large weighs: 545g
- XLarge weighs: 560g
Material & Construction
- BODY: 100% RECYCLED POLYAMIDE
- PANELS: 87% POLYAMIDE / 13% ELASTANE
- LINING: 100% POLYAMIDE / INSULATION: 100%
- DOWN (90% DOWN & 10% GOOSE FEATHER) / TRIM: 100% POLYESTER
- CONTAINS NON-TEXTILE PARTS OF ANIMAL ORIGIN