The Sea to Summit Ember EbIII Down Quilt is a light-weight and versatile sleeping system with excellent warmth for its weight thanks to the responsibly sourced premium 850+ fill power down.
Sea to Summit says
Upgraded with super lofty 850+ down, ultra-light 7D and 10D fabrics and a bit more shoulder room, our Ember™ Quilts are loved by through-hikers, cycle tourers and anyone looking for unadulterated plush warmth in a tiny compressed size.
For backcountry enthusiasts not so enthusiastic about a restrictive sleeping bag, our Ember™ quilts’ multiple configurations provide versatility for a wide range of temperatures and environments.
When the thermostat climbs, treat your Ember™ like a traditional quilt and allow your feet and arms freedom to cool you down. When the temperature drops, a draw cord can be cinched tight to create a foot pocket and a strap and press-stud system used to secure your mat to the quilt, keeping heat loss to a minimum.
To reduce weight and keep packed size to the absolute minimum, we’ve used our lightest down proof 10D shell and 7D lining fabrics and upgraded the insulation to our 850+ Loft Premium Goose ULTRA-DRY Down™. Not only is this down super warm and compressible, it works to prevent moisture and inclement weather having a negative effect on the loft of the quilt.
Available in three models, each in two sizes, our Ember™ quilts are perfect for your next fast and light adventure.
If you are looking for a top quality light-weight quilt than the Sea to Summit Ember EbIII Down Quilt is hard to beat. Warmth is provided by 500g (in the regular) of responsibly sourced and dry treated 850+ Fill power down giving a comfort range of -3 to-10°c when used with a similarly rated sleeping mat.
The advantage of quilts over sleeping bags is the weight saving and flexibility. If its too hot its much easier to vent. The Ember quilts are packed with useful features. The foot box is less pronounced than on some other quilts so can be spread out like a traditional quilt. There is draw cord so you can easily get a snug fit around your mat. There is another draw cord at the head so you can adjust your fit.
Along the quilt there are numerous straps to keep the quilt attached to your mat. These straps can be tightened to keep the cold out or removed if you don't need them. 2 quilts can be attached using these strap poppers.
The outer is incredibly thin so much so you can see the down through it! This saves you weight but care will need to be taken to not snag it.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Ultralight 10D shell and 7D lining for minimal weight and packed size
- Super compressible RDS 850+ Loft Premium Goose ULTRA-DRY Down for maximum insulation value
- Increased sizing a little more 'wrapping' capability in wintry conditions
- Multiple configurations for versatility for a wide range of temperatures and environments
- Two Embers can press stud together to make a double quilt
- Versatile system to secure quilt to your mat, keeping heat loss to a minimum when warmth is needed
- EbII and EbIII use box wall baffles throughout, with vertical baffles strategically placed on chest section to keep down in place during the night
- EbIII has a sewn through footbax to retain maximum warmth in colder conditions
- NOTE: This bag can only pair with another Ember
- EN13537:2012 Comfort: 10°C / 14°F
- EN13537:2012 Comfort Limit: -4°C / 25°F
- Weight: 740g (excludes storage bags)
- Fill weight: 500g
- Packed size: 18 x 20 cm
- Fits up to: 5 ft 10 in / 179 cm
- Insulation: Ultra-Dry Down™ 850+ Loft
- Shell: Ultralight 10D Nylon Shell
- Zipper: None
- Comes with: Water-resistant Ultra-Sil™ Compression Sack and Storage Cube