The Nemo Dragonfly 3P Tent is a spacious and light-weight shelter packed with useful features and adaptability to enjoy your nights under the stars.
Dragonfly™ fills the void for most backpackers with an ideal balance of weight and livability in a freestanding tent. The large trapezoidal vestibules are designed to fit gear without obstructing entry and have multiple roll-back points to customize visibility and coverage.
Nemo's Dragonfly 3P Tent is a spacious light-weight 3 season shelter with plenty of features. There is an impressive head height across the width of tent thanks to the cross pole. The colour coordinated 2 pole set up is quick and easy. I like the use of buckles to attach the fly to the inner, quick and strong. Storage wise inside you have 2 side mesh pockets and a large overhead pockets. There are also 2 light diffusing pockets to use your head torch in.
The side vestibules are large enough for storing big rucksacks which is necessary as with 2 people with mats and sleeping bags there is little spare room. The fly is relatively high off the ground especially at the ends which could be a concern with strong winds, careful pitching advised. Another feature I really like is being able to fully roll back and secure the doors and to really enjoy the view unhindered and for ease of entry and exit. The stuff sack is designed to be compressed when you split loads with companions.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Large doors and trapezoidal vestibules with multiple roll-back points for customizable storage and ease of entry.
- Hubbed, pre-bent DAC Featherlite poles with high-arching main pole significantly increase volume at the head, peak, and foot ends.
- Color-coded anodized poles and matched webbing for an intuitive set up.
- White No-See-Um Mesh on side panels adds privacy while a black mesh top offers clear stargazing at night.
- Integrated 20D Nylon tub provides an ultralight, waterproof floor, and premium 15D Nylon Ripstop fly is coated in a durable silicone repellent for reliable and durable weather protection.
- Single-seam tub construction and silicone-impregnated fabric ensure increased longevity and greater sustainability.
- Overhead Light Pockets™ use special light-diffusing fabric to cast an even glow with a headlamp and Gear Pockets™ offer storage for personal items.
- Divvy™ Sack dual-stage stuff sack allows you to split the load with a hiking partner.
- Protected strut vents at the top of each zipper flap ensure greater ventilation, especially during a storm.
- Protected by the NEMO Lifetime Warranty.
- Inner tent weighs: 568g
- Flysheet weighs: 494g
- Poleset weighs: 394g
- Total weight for comparison: 1456g (excludes pegs and bags)
- x8 pegs supplied weigh: 148g
Nemo's Specs & Sizing
- Capacity: 3
- Seasons: 3
- Minimum Weight: 3 lb , 7 oz / 1.56 kg
- Packed Weight: 3 lb , 15 oz / 1.77 kg
- Packed Size: 19.5 x 5.0 in dia / 50 x 13 cm dia
- Peak Height: 44 in / 111 cm
- Floor Area: 41.2 sq ft / 3.8 sq m
- Floor Dimensions: 88 x 70/65 in / 223.5 x 177.8/165.1 cm
- Vestibule Area: 10.0 sq ft / 0.9 sq m
Construction & Materials
- Freestanding: Yes
- Frame: 1 Hubbed Aluminum DAC Featherlite® NFL 8.7mm pole
- Door Quantity: 2
- Vestibule Quantity: 2
- Canopy Fabric: 20D Nylon Ripstop/ No-See-Um Mesh
- Fly Fabric: 15D Sil/PeU Nylon Ripstop (1200 mm)
- Floor fabric: 20D Sil/PeU Nylon Ripstop (1200 mm)
- Stuff Sack: Divvy Sack