The updated 2018 Distance Carbon FLZ combines ultralight carbon construction with the Z-Pole and flickLock Pro technology, with improved stiffness and durability and a weight reduction for the weight conscious mountain adventures.
Black Diamond says
Combining ultralight carbon construction with Z-Pole technology and FlickLock adjustability, the Distance Carbon FLZ is now stiffer and more durable, making it the ultimate pole in adjustable, folding performance. Sold as a Pair.
Black Diamond's Distance Carbon FLZ Trekking Poles maintain the lightweight, collapsible and adjustable features of the past version but with a lower weight, increased stiffness and durability.
The Distance Carbon FLZ is made of 100% carbon fiber, which keeps the weight down, and the collapsible shaft assembles with a quick pull so you can whip it out of your pack and be ready to go in a jiff. Unlike the Carbon Z model, this one has FlickLock Pro adjustability which allows you to adjust the pole lengths quickly with no hassle.
The lightweight EVA handle and foam extension give you a comfortable grip and the ability to choke up on tricky or steep terrain, while the padded, breathable, and moisture wicking strap provides lightweight support during long, arduous days. The Carbon FLZ also comes complete with interchangeable carbide and rubber Tech Tips, so you can confidently cross anything without your poles letting you down.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Improved joint support and stiffness
- Lightweight, EVA foam grip with breathable, moisture-wicking grip
- Non-slip EVA foam mini-grip extension
- Three-section foldable shaft with speed cone deployment and FlickLock adjustability
- 100% carbon fibre construction
- Interchangeable, non-scarring rubber Tech Tips and carbide Tech Tips
- Stopper basket with shaft catcher to secure folded sections
The Rubber Tech tips are the best tips for use with Distance FLZ poles.
- Weight per pair [105-125 cm] 354g
- Packed size: [105-125 cm] 35 cm
- Sold as a Pair
Help and advice: