The DAS Light Insulated Hoody is the ideal synthetic insulated jacket for anyone who wants a higher level of weather resistance while maintaining a low weight. At just 330g this is a truly featherweight jacket, and yet it boasts an impressive amount of durability over its heavier competition.
An ultralight belay hoody for getting after it in the mountains. The DAS® Light Hoody is a core alpine piece designed using PlumaFill synthetic insulation; its ultralightweight, water-resistant, downlike warmth is paired with a coated shell for enhanced weather resistance. Fair Trade Certified™ sewn.
Patagonia's DAS Light Insulated Hoody is based heavily on the popular Micro Puff, and use a similar brickwork baffle pattern to give excellent warmth across the body. Patagonia’s proprietary Plumafill particles provide perfect performance, and offer class-leading insulation and temperature regulation throughout the Hoody. Combined with the Pertex Quantum Pro face fabric, the DAS Light Insulated Hoody is a warmer jacket than initial impressions suggest, and is ideal for everything from chilly days on windswept hills to winter belays.
It quickly became an essential piece for blustery autumn days when warmth was needed and the weather threatened – the additional wind resistance is a boon in a rain shower. The jacket packs into a hand pocket for portability, and while it can be an effort to fit it in, it does result in a bundle that is small enough to throw in the bottom of your pack in a just-in-case scenario. To keep the weight down, the DAS Light does lack some of the features found on its bigger brother – the DAS Parka. There is no hem adjustment here, and 3 pockets instead of the 5 on the Parka. The fit is slimmer too, so I would recommend your normal Patagonia size for the DAS Light Hoody.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
(Unfortunately, we are unable to ship Patagonia products outside of the European Area (defined as the European Economic Area plus Switzerland and the UK))
- Ultralight nylon ripstop face fabric has a water-resistant endurance coating for improved weather protection
- Revolutionary lightweight PlumaFill 100% recycled polyester insulation replicates the structure of down in a continuous synthetic insulation material, offering the warmth and packability of down but with the warm-when-wet performance of synthetic insulation
- Warmth is maximized by pairing a weather-resistant hung face fabric with internal, innovative quilting construction to stabilize and maximize the loft of the PlumaFill strands with minimal stitching
- Alpine-helmet-compatible, insulated hood features single-pull cord adjustment in back and stretchy binding at front
- Two-way center-front Vislon® zipper backed with internal wind flap allows for belay loop access
- External left-chest pocket and two handwarmer pockets all outfitted with zipper garages; self-stuffs into left-front pocket
- Low-profile, lightly elasticized cuffs and hem seal in warmth; Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
- Small weighs: 298g
- Medium weighs: 330g
- Large weighs: 350g
- XLarge weighs: 376g
- Fit: Regular
- Shell: 0.8-oz 10-denier Pertex® Quantum Pro 100% nylon ripstop with a PU dry coating and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
- Lining: 0.8-oz 10-denier Pertex Quantum 100% nylon ripstop with a DWR finish.
- Insulation: 65-g PlumaFill 100% recycled polyester. Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
Help and advice: