Super versatile for everything from hiking adventures and everyday through to the crag and climbing wall. This warm, light and packable down smock combines Pertex 3DWeave pre-woven baffle technology with recycled hydrophobic down and stretch fabric.
The Cubit Stretch Down Smock is a modern, more sustainable twist on a traditional style. Giving a second life to quality down that might have otherwise ended up in landfill, the Cubit Stretch Down Smock is filled with the 700FP P.U.R.E recycled down.
It features innovative Pertex®3D Weave Technology, which allows the baffles to be woven from a single length of stretch fabric without any stitching. This improves down lofting, increases wind resistance, reduces weight, and allows the material to flex and stretch as you move. The Pertex® Quantum outer fabric is wind and weather resistant, and with a fluorocarbon free DWR finish it protects from wild winter weather.
Perfect for everyday at the crag or an evening by the campfire, the Cubit Stretch Down Smock has a cosy down filled hood and slim fit for that extra snug feel in freezing temperatures. It has two useful zipped hand pockets and a fleece lined chin guard with durable YKK® VISLON® half zip for quick ventilation or locked in warmth.
Rab's Cubit Stretch Down Smock is another piece from Rab that ticks the eco credentials box.
The pass-through kangaroo style pocket on the Smock version of this jacket is large enough to accommodate most maps, gloves and a hat.
The whole jacket is stretchy enough to move with you even through challenging scrambling moves. This added stretch also makes layering this jacket easy, as it will adapt to bulkier layers underneath the jacket.
The cut of the jacket means it can be used in the outdoors as well as in an urban environment without looking out of place.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Down-filled hood with stretch binding
- YKK® Vislon® front zip with fleece lined chin guard for comfort
- 2 YKK® zipped hand pockets
- Unique pre-woven baffle reduces stitching and increases weather resistance
- Drawcord adjustable hem
- Small weighs:
- Medium weighs: 504g
- Large weighs: 536g
- XLarge weighs: 556g
- Fit: Slim
- Centre back length (Size M): 74cm / 29.1inch
- Outer Fabric: Lightweight and soft Pertex®Quantum® 3DWeave pre-woven baffle with fluorocarbon-free DWR (128gsm)
- Insulation: 700 fill-power recycled down with Nikwax hydrophobic finish (157g size Medium)