We're working out what we think - we'll add our view here!
The Corsa is a hyperlight ice axe designed for glacier travel and ski mountaineering. The aluminum alloy construction is lightweight, but still rated in accordance with EN 13089 Type 1 for use as a snow anchor and self-arrest. A lightweight nylon spike plug keeps snow out of the shaft. The grip is machined for good handling and a small slot in the head allows for seamless integration with the Corsa leash (sold separately). Not suitable for use on vertical ice, mixed terrain or for intense step chipping.
The basic axe that you need to keep safe in winter conditions in an ultralight format.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Hyperlight ice axe for glacier travel and ski mountaineering
- Nylon spike plug keeps snow out of the shaft
- Small head slot for seamless integration with the Corsa leash (sold separately)
- Machined grip for good handling
- 50cm axe weighs: 204g
- 60cm axe weighs: 238g
- 70cm axe weighs: 264g
Material & Construction
- Pick: 7075 Aluminium
- Shaft: 1.3mm 7075 Aluminium
- EN 13089: Type 1
|You must be over 18 to purchase this item|
Help and advice