Julbo’s newly redesigned Cham is a mountain classic steeped in heritage, and this fresh iteration retains the vintage styling while also proving itself as a genuinely technical pair of sunglasses for all-mountain use, all year round.
The legends of the mountains were as tough as old leather! New generations are nostalgic for the authentic frame with leather side shields worn by the greatest mountaineers of Chamonix on all the world's peaks. With this re-release, Julbo offers much more than a pair of sunnies: pure emotion, and the alchemy of shiny metal, soft leather and rivets, backed up by high-performance mirror lenses. Comfort and vision in the mountains, with equally good credentials for town or your travels.
Although they may not look it, Julbo's Cham Spectron 3 Sunglasses are a highly technical option for all manner of snow sports and mountain pursuits throughout the year. The leather side shields and bridge guard are exceptionally comfortable while providing essential protection from glare, and can be easily removed in warmer, less glacial climes. The tips of the arms are Julbo’s exclusive Grip Tech material, meaning they can be easily adjusted to fit any helmet or head without size concerns.
While the styling of the Cham is firmly retro, the lens technology is cutting edge, and they are therefore a competitive option for serious mountaineering applications. These are the Spectron 3 lenses – a Category 3 lens that is better for general use than the darker Category 4 glasses. These are ideal for open mountain ranges and typical bright sunny days, reducing glare while retaining colour.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Cat. 3 polycarbonate lens (visible light transmission rate: 12%) with colored mirror coating (Color Flash): improves filtration of visible light by applying a mirror effect to the lens. Multipurpose lens suitable for all uses.
- 360° adjustable temples: The ends of the temples can be moved in all directions. Under a helmet, over a hat or on the head, the frames are held in place.
- Grip Nose Pads: Nose pads with soft, non-slip insert for comfort and grip on the nose.
- Grip Tech temples: Exclusive soft material on the temples that doesn't stick to hair, for perfect grip and comfort.
- Leather side shields: A special feature of glacier sunglasses, leather side shields have protected the eyes of generations of mountaineers and now create an unmistakably vintage look.
- Metal Frame: The iconic metal frame tested and approved by generations of mountaineers
- Removable side shields: Side protection from sunlight.
- Total Cover: Maximum protection from sunlight in extreme conditions.