The Capstone gloves take warm to a whole new level. They are made with top quality materials making them waterproof, windproof and breathable while being hugely insulated. The ALTIHeat, battery powered heating system is the most powerful yet providing you with warmth you can control depending on the conditions.
Outdoor Research says
Looking for big-time warmth? The Capstone Heated Sensor Gloves are the absolute warmest option of the entire AltiHeat Heated Glove collection, allowing two batteries per glove and effectively doubling the industry-leading heat output offered by our ALTIHeat™ technology. Strategically placed PrimaLoft® insulation enhances the heating element's surface area by extending warmth through back of hand and fingers. Plus - brand new for Winter '19 - '20 - we've added a new power button with brighter, easier-to-see settings to make sure your time out in the cold is a little more comfortable and easier to navigate. A waterproof GORE-TEX insert protects your hands from nature's wet wrath, while a tricot lining back of hand and moonlite pile fleece palm keep you cozy and ready to launch into your next winter objective.
Outdoor Research's Capstone Gore-Tex Heated Sensor Gloves are the benchmark for warmed gloves. The level of insulation they have without the heating system is impressive and keeps your hands warm to start with. Add to that the rechargeable battery powered heating that can be adjusted to three levels of heat and you have a glove capable of dealing with the coldest of conditions. A Gore-Tex lining gives even more protection from the elements making them waterproof and windproof.
They still have loads of the simple, practical features too with adjustable Velcro straps across the wrist, a drawcord gauntlet, pull-on loop, glove clip and removable leash to keep them secure when they are not on your hands. They are touch screen compatible, have a soft nose-wipe fabric on the thumbs and are reinforced on key areas to give durability.
ALTIHeat offers three levels of electronic heat, providing comfort across a range of temperatures.The rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery is supplied with it's own charger and can last for up to 8 hours on the low setting, up to 5 hours on medium and up to 2.5 hours on high. It's simple to use, you just hold the button on the cuff of the glove and the electricity flows though, warming resistors at the fingers and thumbs within seconds.The button changes colour to indicate what heating level you've got it on so you can work out how warm you need them to make the heat last longer. This new version sees an improved control button that is easier to use and brighter and more obvious to see the current setting.
The batteries fit nicely into two little pockets on each glove and are relatively light in weight as far as batteries go. The gloves come with a carry case to keep the gloves, charger and batteries together. Not the most compact gloves but definitely one of the warmest available anywhere. They are ideal for the coldest conditions and activities such as winter skiing, snowboarding, mountaineering or anything else in which ultra warm gloves are needed.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Fabric Performance: Waterproof, Windproof, Breathable, Quick Drying, Wicking, Water Resistant Leather Palm, Touchscreen Leather thumb and index, Leather Palm Overlays, Molded EVA Foam Knuckles
- Design Features: ALTIHeat™ Battery-Powered Heat Technology with Rechargeable Lithium Ion Batteries, Customizable Heat Settings, Touchscreen-Compatible, Nose-Wipe on Thumb, Glove Clip Removable Leash, Pull-On Loop, 2 Locking Zippered Compartment for Batteries, SuperCinch Gautlet ,Adjustable Wrist Cinch Pre-Curved Construction, Gloves can operated with 1 or 2 batteries per glove
- Medium pair weighs: 730g
- Large pair weighs: 750g
- Weights include 2 battery packs per glove
- Each pair of battery packs weigh: 166g
- GORE-TEX insert, 85% nylon, 15% spandex stretch nylon twill shell, Water Resistant goat leather palm, Water Resistant goat leather overlay, Touchscreen Leather, PrimaLoft® HiLoft Silver Insulation 100% polyester 200 g/m2 on back of hand, Enduraloft insulation 100% polyester 133g/m2 at palm and gauntlet, Moonlite Pile Fleece Palm 100% polyester, Tricot Lining back of hand 100% polyester