The Stormshell is a lightweight, waterproof and breathable jacket designed for the fells and mountains. A simple but effective design that does much more than just ticking the mandatory kit box.
The STORMSHELL men's running jacket is designed for lightweight racing and intense training runs in wet conditions, this hooded waterproof running jacket now boasts a super-soft Pertex Shield fabric for increased comfort and a full length zip that makes it quicker to put on/take off. It packs away small into its own pocket, making it easy and lightweight to carry. 20,000 HH and taped seams keeps you dry and protected in heavy rain.
Pertex Shield, 2.5-layer waterproof fabric with 20,000 HH and 20,000 B-1 breathability with taped seams. Boasts a breathability level of 20,000 B-1 meaning sweat moves through the shell, resulting in temperature regulation and comfort when moving mast. Full length zip opening with YKK Aquaguard zip and internal stormflap and YKK Aquaguard chest zip pocket with fully taped seams.
Inov8's AT/C Stormshell Waterproof FZ is a great option for a trail running jacket. First and foremost the design has increased the levels of waterproofing and breathability on previous Inov8 jackets around this weight. Secondly, it is lightweight and packs down into its own chest pocket. The full length zip means it can easily pulled out of your bag and quickly put on when the rain starts.
The adjustable hood allows you to keep out the wind and rain without limiting visibility too much. Despite the low weight the Pertex Shield fabric feels very durable and looked like new after two days running across the Caringorms in very changeable weather. The jacket feels comfortable to wear and the Lycra cuffs with thumb holes are great when the wind and rain pick up.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Pertex Shield, 2.5-layer waterproof fabric
- Quickly packs away small into its own pocket, making it not only lightweight to wear but also to carry
- Fulfills all the criteria when race organisers rule a waterproof jacket must be carried as part of mandatory kit. The STORMSHELL jacket also provides 360° reflectivity.
- Roll away hood with wired peak and single multi directional adjustment
- Can be quickly adapted to changing conditions, with full-length front zip, which also makes it easy to put on/take off. Top clip for added ventilation
- Lycra bond cuffs with integrated thumb holes
- Small weighs: 168g
- Medium weighs: 174g
- Large weighs: 180g
- XLarge weighs: 186g
- Back length: 80cm (size M)
- 100% Polyamide with PU membrane - Pertex Shield, 2.5-layer waterproof fabric with 20,000 HH and 20,000 B-1 breathability