The Montane Alpine Resolve Jacket is an extremely versatile and lightweight GORE-TEX mountain shell with just the right amount of features, perfect for alpine climbing and winter mountaineering.
Designed with all the technical features required for alpine climbing, the Alpine Resolve Jacket uses a combination of 40 Denier and 80 Denier GORE-TEX Pro Most Breathable fabrics and has been developed with all the functionality required for use in challenging winter conditions.
If your looking for a waterproof and breathable shell for mountaineering, alpine climbing or just general mountain walking then Montane's Alpine Resolve Jacket has a feature set designed specifically for that.
All of the zips are highly water resistant and the main zip has a two-way adjustment so you can easily wear it under or over a climbing harness. The pit zips are extremely useful for allowing extra ventilation on those tough ascents. The zips are a little tough, but I find with zips like these they tend to soften over time. The adjustments on the jacket (hem and hood) are all easy to use thanks to the one-handed drawcord clips.
The hood is comfortable to wear with or without a climbing helmet and features a stiffened peak for extra stability. The two hand pockets are large enough for a map, and the chest pocket is also surprisingly large with enough room for a phone, keys and other essential items. There's also a little stretch mesh pocket on the inside of the jacket, a good size for storing an extra pair of gloves or a warm hat.
As it's a mountain shell it's not designed to be the lightest jacket available (although it's still surprisingly light considering the features and fabrics used). Instead it's designed to be tough, waterproof and highly breathable thanks to the Gore-Tex Pro fabric. And for the areas of high wear like the shoulder, elbows and hips, Montane have added even tougher fabric to help withstand the abuse.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Fully seam taped construction
- Fully adjustable roll-away climbing helmet compatible hood with three point adjustment and stiffened peak
- Articulated arms for high reach movement
- Full-length two-way YKK AQUAGUARD® VISLON® front zip with internal storm flap
- Two-way pit zips with YKK AQUAGUARD® zips
- Two map-sized hand pockets with YKK AQUAGUARD® VISLON® zips
- External chest pocket with YKK AQUAGUARD® VISLON® zip
- Internal mesh drop pocket
- Shaped cuffs with adjustable hook and loop tabs
- Adjustable hem and cinchable drawcord
- Activities: Climbing / Mountaineering / Mountain Walking
- Small weighs: 460g
- Medium weighs: 476g
- Large weighs: 496g
- XLarge weighs: 510g
- Back length: 76.5cm (M)
- 40 Denier GORE-TEX Pro Most Breathable Technology in the main body with a 100% recycled nylon face
- 80 Denier GORE-TEX Pro Most Breathable Technology with a 100% recycled nylon face across the shoulders, hips and elbows