Rab's Alpine range uses 650 Fill Power down contained in technical baffles in a bag with a slim fitting Tapered Mummy shape to create sleeping bags with very good warmth to weight ratios suitable for backpackers and trekkers.
This tapered, 650FP duck down bag is built mountain adventures. Ideal for three season conditions, it's designed for alpinism, mountaineering, trekking, bike or backpacking. It has a wind resistant Pertex® Quantum outer and offers excellent value.
Our Alpine range is built for the mountains, whether you’re high in the Alps or deep in the Himalaya, on foot or two wheels. Offering a good warmth to weight ratio and a low bulk design, the Alpine 600 is perfect for mountain adventures at altitude. It is filled with 600g of 650FP duck down and covered with a wind resistant Pertex® Quantum outer with a recycled nylon lining.
Engineered to maximise down performance, the Alpine bag has clever construction. Trapezoid boxwall baffles allows the down to fully loft, eliminating cold spots, and maximising warmth. The chevron baffle design improves down stability, distributing the down evenly around the whole body. In addition, the openings on the Alpine bag have been designed to reduce heat loss, with a 3D-shaped, down collar that can be cinched in snugly to trap the heat, and a down-filled baffle along the zip to prevent heat from escaping. Complete with a narrow mummy fit and angled footbox, the Alpine is designed to cut down unnecessary bulk and weight, whilst ensuring a comfortable night’s sleep.
Hand-filled in the UK, all our down bags benefit from never having had their down compressed before use, maintaining the down’s loft and warmth.
Rab's Alpine 600 Down Sleeping Bag fits in the Alpine series which are filled with 650 Fill Power down contained in a trapezoidal boxwall baffle construction with a differential cut to eliminate cold spots. The slightly lower down quality compared to their premium bags makes these bags more affordable but they are still a technical bag.
Built with a Tapered Mummy shape these are designed to be efficient, although some people may not like a close fitting bag they are more efficient, reducing heat loss due to air movement inside the bag. This makes them particularly suited to backpacking use where weight may be a premium.
The shell fabric is wind resistant Pertex Quantum, this equips the sleeping bag for general use. The rest of the bag is up to Rab's high standard with features and construction to a very high standard.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Weight saving chevron baffle design on upper torso, reduces down migration and optimises core warmth.
- Trapezoidal boxwall construction with differential cut, to maximise loft and warmth
- YKK zipped internal stash pocket
- 3-dimensional shaped down filled neck collar to seal in warmth
- YKK 3/4 length main zip with down filled baffle to trap warmth
- YKK Anti-snag zip insert and anti snag internal zip guard
- Angled foot box for relaxed sleeping posture
- Zipped cotton sack with water-resistant base for home storage
- Drawcord stuffsack included
- Hand-filled in Derbyshire UK
- Tapered Mummy Shape
Temperature Rating (EN(13537:2012)
- Comfort: -5°C / 23°F
- Comfort Limit: -12°C / 10°F
- Extreme: -32°C / -26°F
- Rab Sleep Limit: 3°C / 35°F
- Weight: 1126g (excludes storage bags)
- Weight With Stuffsack: 1163g
- Fill weight: 600g
- Packed size: 40 x 22cm
- Overall length: 215cm
- Height of user: 185cm
- Internal shoulder girth: 160cm
- Internal hip girth: 134cm
- Internal foot girth: 102cm
- Weight: 1200g (excludes storage bags)
- Fill weight: 650g
- Packed size: 40 x 22cm
- Overall length: 230cm
- Height of user: 200cm
- Internal shoulder girth: 162cm
- Internal hip girth: 136cm
- Internal foot girth: 104cm
Material & Construction
- Shell: 20D Pertex® Quantum nylon ripstop (36gsm) with fluorocarbon-free DWR
- Lining: 20D Recycled Nylon (38gsm)
- Outer: 100% polyamide. Lining: 100% recycled polyamide
- Fill: 650FP R.D.S Certified European Duck Down with Nikwax fluorocarbon-free Hydrophobic Finish