The Alnasca II is a solid mid-boot that provides protection, support and grip. The combination of Gore-Tex for waterproofing, Michelin soles for a durable and reliable grip and then the use of memory foam for comfort make for a great boot.
Alnasca Pro II Mid GTX® Men: lightweight mid-cut approach shoe featuring an innovative combination of material, fit, design and technology. Basefit for strong heel support with specially developed lacing. The Michelin outsole allows close contact with the rocks and excellent grip on any alpine approach. The Gore-Tex membrane gives the shoe lasting waterproofing and breathability. The Alnasca Pro II Mid GTX® Men for safety on any via ferrata, hike or approach.
Mammut's Alnasca Pro II Mid GTX is a great hiking and approach mid-boot. The level of support from the design is great and results in a very comfortable boot for a range of activities. The use of top quality materials is always going to help in footwear so the Gore-Tex lining provides reliable waterproof protection while the Michelin soles provide durability and fantastic grip for a range of surfaces. There is a decent level of stiffness in the soles which is why they work as approach shoes but the level of comfort is much greater than usual from approach footwear.
Usually I find the stiff soled boot pretty hard going when walking for long periods but Mammut have done really well with the level of comfort they've been able to design into this boot. The use of a memory foam means that once you've worn them a few times they fit and stay comfortable. The lacing system is good and allows plenty of adjustability for staying comfortable on long days. If you are after a boot with a stiffer sole, more support and good cushioning then these are a great option.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Pre-shaped tongue construction
- Cushioning Strobel construction with stone shield
- Base Fit®: Sliding webbing transfers power from lacing area to soles, ensuring improved hold in boot to increase safety and comfort.
- Memo Foam: Ensures individual fit and cushions foot at instep, shin and ankle
- 360 Heel Support: The three-dimensionally shaped TPU element is designed for the anatomy of the heel bone, which it completely envelops. This delivers optimum heel fit, helps prevent twisted ankles and protects against rock abrasion.
- Rubber toe cap
- Michelin® OCX Approach rubber compound
- UK 8 (per shoe) weighs: 458g
Materials & Construction
- Main: Velours Leather | textile
- Lining: GORE-TEX Performance Comfort Footwear
- Sole: michelin Rock Tech II Sole | eva Wedge
Help and advice: