Montane's Allez Micro Hoodie is made from Polartec Power Grid which has raised channels on the inside of the fabric designed to trap air making it warmer than you'd expect from its weight. Highly breathable though warmth is compromised in windy conditions.
Lightweight POLARTEC Power Grid fabric delivers a superbly functional garment that can be worn either as a baselayer in cold conditions or as a lightweight mid-layer.
Montane's Allez Micro Hoodie, provides warmth either next to the skin or over a thin baselayer. Air is trapped in the texture of the fabric which has raised channels on the inside for this specific purpose - so its warmer than you'd expect for its weight. The backing fabric is pretty open-weave though - this means that its highly breathable but wind whistles straight through it - so on a windy day it won't be anywhere near as warm unless you back it up with a windproof layer.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- POLARTEC Power Grid delivers remarkable wicking and fast drying capabilities together with an exceptional warmth to weight ratio
- Articulated arms for reach high movement and tailored specifically to reduce hem lift
- Stretch bound hood that has a comfortable snug fit
- Flatlocked seams throughout
- ⅓ length YKK MONTANE reverse coil semi-auto front zip with wind-strip
- Low profile cuffs with thumb loops
- Fit: Active Mountain
- Activities: Alpine Running / Trail Running / Mountain Walking / Backpacking
- Fabric: POLARTEC Power Grid
- Fabric details: 91% Recycled Polyester, 9% Spandex
- Zips: YKK MONTANE reverse coil semi-auto
- Small weighs 174g
- Medium weighs 180g
- Large weighs 200g
- XLarge weighs 206g