The Access Spike is a workhorse traction device, built for all-around trail performance, whether you're on a winter training run in the mountains, or out for a summer alpine scramble in varied technical terrain.
Black Diamond says:
Drawing from our extensive experience designing climbing crampons, the Distance Spike features 14 spikes which have an optimized 8mm length, designed to provide excellent engagement on snow and ice, with improved stability on rock and hard surfaces. The spikes are made of stainless steel and are heat treated for superior strength, corrosion and wear resistance. The Access features a full elastomer harness for ultimate footwear adaptability and includes a heel webbing loop for easy on/off and heel identification.
Black Diamond's Access Spike Traction Device is designed to be used a lot. Described as a workhorse the 14 spike set up certainly gives you enough traction for use on a variety of terrains. The spike placement delivers a very good area of grip so you can be confident your foot placement will hold whether you're putting your weight through the forefoot or heel. The full elastomer harness that runs round your shoe is durable and comfortable. It makes getting the spikes on and off quick and easy too.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Full elastomer harness for ultimate footwear adaptability
- 14 stainless steel spikes with optimized 8mm length provide superior traction over varied terrain with snow and ice while maintaining underfoot stability on rock and hard surfaces
- Ultra-durable construction with reinforced dual density elastomer eyelets
- Front-point spike positioned for optimal toe-off engagement
- Heel webbing loop for easy on/off and heel identification
- Small pair weighs: 240g (excludes storage bag)
- Medium pair weighs: 250g (excludes storage bag)
- Large pair weighs: 264g (excludes storage bag)
- XLarge pair weighs: 271g (excludes storage bag)
*See product images to find your size in the EU Size Chart