The Famous helium bivvy has had a bit of a facelift for 2022, updated with more lightweight and durable materials.
Outdoor Research says
Award-winning for its ultralight prowess, updated with our most durable lightweight Helium fabric with Diamond Fuse technology. This clamshell opening bivy is ideal for fast and light missions.
Almost as famous in the outdoor world as A.W, the helium bivvy has been updated for 2022. 14% lighter than its last incarnation, the incredibly packable and lightweight bivvy is just as easy to set up as previous, and still just as waterproof and as hard wearing. The hoop which also incorporates a fly mesh to keep the beasties at bay, gives far more room than you first think, room to move around, and even read a book. Not just for minimalist hikers wanting to keep weight down, but equally good for bikepackers.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Fully Seam-Taped
- No-See-Um Mesh
- Single-Pole System
- Reflective Logo and Trims
- Two Stake Loops
- One Guy Line Loop
- High Volume Toe End
- Clamshell Opening, Two Internal Fly Fasteners
- Weight with pole: 484g (excludes bag)
- Weight without pole: 432g (excludes bag)
Material & Construction
- bluesign® approved Pertex® Shield Diamond Fuse 2.5L 100% Nylon, 30D Ripstop Upper. 100% Nylon, 40D with TPU lamination floor, bluesign® approved 100% Polyester Mesh
Help and advice: