The Ultra Jacket V2 is designed with top quality fabrics that maximise both waterproof protection and breathability. Some innovative features further increase the levels protection and airflow.
Ultimate Direction says
The Ultra Jacket is designed to handle even the toughest race-day conditions. We only use high-tech materials and features to ensure it is both waterproof and extremely breathable for any weather.
Ultimate Direction's Ultra Jacket V2 is an excellent trail running jacket. Using a fabric that has a HH of 30,000 and MVTR of 30,000 this jacket certainly provides loads of protection and impressive breathability. The low weight and low bulk is ideal for storing it in your pack ready for when the weather changes.
There are some excellent design features with this jacket that make it stand out. Firstly the tunnel effect hood which is shaped to allow air to flow in increasing the ventilation without letting the rain in. It feels a bit flappy to start with but you do feel the benefit of the airflow when running in the rain for a prolonged period. Secondly is the peristaltic vents under the arms which do a great job of increasing air flow and breathability further. The newest addition to this version are the integrated flip mitts which save you messing about with gloves when you're on the move and still provide a good amount of protection from the wind and rain for your hands.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Waterproof breathable jacket with 30,000g/m2/24hr moisture vapor transmission rate and 30,000mm water entry pressure
- Exceeds the breathability and waterproof standards required by the Ultra Tour Du Mont Blanc
- Integrated Flip Mitts provide waterproof warmth in cold or wet conditions
- Tunnel Effect hood with ventilation allows ideal airflow while keeping rain out
- Peristaltic underarm vent pumps in cool air and pumps out warm air during natural arm movement
- Packs into interior chest pocket
- PFC-Free DWR
- Small weighs: 216g
- Medium weighs: 224g
- Large weighs: 242g
Help & advice: