A combination of light weight, small pack size and quality construction make this great choice for 3 season backpacking. It features 800+ fill power hydrophobic down, a full length zipper, lots of loft and an extremely effective hood design.
The Hydrogen delivers enough warmth for ultra-light cool-weather climbs and backcountry excursions, while still weighing in at a wispy one pound for light and fast climbs and hikes.
Marmot's Hydrogen Down Sleeping Bag has been updated, now using 100% recycled material for the shell. It still offers a great balance of quality, low weight, packability, and performance. It's comparable to many more expensive products, as it is lighter and more compressible than many of its competitors. It uses 800+ fill power down protected with Marmot's Down Defender to help the down to stay dry longer, loft better when damp and dry more quickly than untreated down. The new recycled Pertex Quantum fabric offers a combination of lightweight and good durability plus it's DWR coating will offer some water resistance. The fabric feels really soft which allows the down to loft freely and the slightly brushed feel of the Microlight lining fabric is extremely comfortable against your skin.
The -3°C Comfort Limit gives you some flexibility for using it through three seasons when paired with a good insulated mat. All the usual features are present with a bag of this quality plus the additional small 'fold-down' second zip which allows you to roll the top of the bag down. This is perfect for a warmer night to avoid overheating or for a cold evening where you want to be sitting in the bag inside the tent.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
- Filled and Finished in Rohnert Park, California
- Certified 800+ Fill Power Goose Down
- "Fold-Down" Second Zipper Provides added Ventilation and Easy Access
- Anatomically Designed Footbox with Wrap-Around Construction increases Warmth
- Full Length Locking YKK Two Way Zipper with Zip-Guard Slider
- Smooth-Curved Baffle Construction Reduces Down Shifting
- Nautilus Multi-Baffle Hood
- Down Defender to Improve Water-Resistance in Wet Conditions
- EN Tested
- Internal Stash Pocket
- Snagless Insulated Draft Tube
- Hood Draw Cord
- Two Way Zipper Sliders
- Zipper Garage
- Stretch Tricot Baffles
- Two Hang Loops
- Stuff and Storage Sack Included
Help and advice: